What is your "WHY"?

Why are you into Bodybuilding?
Are you in it for the health benefits?
To live longer?
To provide inspiration to others?
To impress the ladies?

Everyone has a reason and every ones reason is different. There really isn’t a wrong or right answer to this question.

Additionally, since getting into bodybuilding, has it become a life style change for the better?
Has it increased your focus?
Performance outside of the gym?
Is your mental clarity more precise?
Have you become more disciplined?

What is your “WHY”

I will start this off. I originally got in to bodybuilding because my kids were getting to the age that I could see grand kinds in the future and I wanted to be there when they came into the world. Since then, I do it more for me than anyone else. But I do love the increased libido and the increased mental clarity that even running a TRT level of Testosterone provides. Additionally, it makes me feel great when someone does point out that I have inspired them to work towards a goal and get more fit and healthy.

8 Likes

I’m in it for my best friend, the mirror. I used to think I did it for the ladies but the truth is if I was alone on an island and there was a gym I’d train everyday and look at my reflection in the ocean water. :rofl:
I need to workout for my mental state of being. I’m have my share of psychological issues. Training gets me through the day. It keeps the voices in my head at bay.

7 Likes

I will start off by saying,I never wanted to,or had the desire to go to the gym,UNTIL I got a hold of steroids.If my brother in law hadn’t offered them to me I doubt I ever woulda stepped foot inside a gym with that being said,I want my muscles to match my ego.I want to be stronger,and better then the next guy.I want my daughters future boyfriends to be scared of her big badass Marine dad.I don’t want to be weak.I think that about sums it up.

7 Likes

I pl cauae growingnuo playing sports being bigger fast stronger was the goal. Now I do it to try and stay away from bad habits. Trying to keep balance in life

7 Likes

In my job the more in shape you are the easier your life is. Got tired of being sore and injured all the time so i started lifting

5 Likes

Not necessarily bodybuilding… but lifting is my release. Always has been for almost 50 years. The line between performance and bodybuilding was blurred for me untill the wsm of the 70’s… all the bbuilders got destroyed by the olympic lifters.

Ffwd to today. I just try and stay in some sort of (good) shape internally and externally. I don’t care what others do…bb, pl, cf, oly…etc. I just do my own thing.

The weights and gravity in my gym are constant , they don’t change, judge or waiver…they’re the same… it’s all on me to move them.

6 Likes

1 Like

Wait…you mean we don’t have to do this!? We can quit at any time!?!

Man, I assumed there was a test or something.

2 Likes

Mental stability. Be it as a Marine or a civilian, lifting has always given me a place to release aggression. Release endorphins. Feel good about myself. Nothing to do with what females think. All about what I think. It’s saved me from bad choices in life and hurting myself. It’s my nirvana. My drug. My well being.

8 Likes

If you get into gym to look good for woman it won’t last long. They barely give a fuck unless
They are also fitness minded

3 Likes

Bingo

4 Likes

A lot of that here and my gym. We have a lot rehab facilities here where I live and there are plenty of people in. Recovery

5 Likes

26 years ago give or take was when I started. A friend got me in to lifting and bodybuilding. He basically taught me about dieting and what gear to use and dosage. I also did tons of research and learned for myself on what each compound does.
Back then to look good naked.

Fast forward to present. I owe it to myself and to others to be in the best shape possible.
If I’m not in shape for my career people may die, including myself. My career demands for you to be physically fit.

TRT prescribed now and I do add in cycles.

Mainly now for career and for a better life.

6 Likes

Because struggle is essential in life, and training is never something you “win” there’s always more progress to be made. The pursuit of progression is addictive.

And looking good naked is a solid plus.

8 Likes

Truth!

4 Likes

So then it’s a biological imperative that drives us….stupid natural selection. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Free will is an illusion…. The self is an illusion. Do I believe that? Who knows. Am I up early for no reason choosing philosophical violence? Yes. :kissing_heart::kissing_heart: @Aude_Aliquid_Dignu

3 Likes

Maybe then, a series of spontaneous voluntary movements tethered to biological imperative wrapped in a cloak of moral obligation to the self…maximizing one’s potential to “lift things up and put it down”. :grin:

2 Likes

I’ve been into fitness the majority of my life. I can remember as a kid I pulled the stuffing out of one of my wrestling toys and stuffed it in my shirt to make me look big. For a long time I was big on running. I would run 5 to 10 miles per day. Which always kept me lean and probably took away from a lot of my gains. I finally got tired of hearing everyone tell me I was skinny. So I started weight training only. I guess for me it’s always been about being healthy. Especially growing up in a family that was mostly obese.

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like