Thoughts on cancelling Arnold

So what are you guys thoughts on the governor of Ohio canceling the Arnold amateur and the expo? Glad I didn’t prep for that!

Details are: expo is cancelled and the amateur athletes events cancelled! Pros will still compete but no audience will be present for prejudging. I think they are letting them in for the final not 100% sure on that.

I personally think this virus is being blown way out of proportion and the media is causing the public to panic. Once again being controlled by our government

@TG. I’d love to hear your thoughts

8 Likes

Thats ridiculous. They are definitely blowing this out of proportion. Corona virus isn’t an issue for healthy people unless you have prior lung issues. Hell, the flu has killed more people this year in US then all of the deaths of CV combined.

Unfortunately its the Democrats blowing this up for political gain again.

Even Dr drew of all people had to comment on this lol

6 Likes

As Hillary once said, never miss out on a crisis :rage:

1 Like

I’m definitely disappointed with the decision.
I too believe that the media is making a great deal out of the corona virus when CDC has stated that there is nothing to panic about.

3 Likes

News is just around to make people panic these days.

2 Likes

I agree it is stupid! 56k people die from the flu each year, it never seems to cause a global panic!

2 Likes

Sorry guys, most of you guys weren’t in the affected areas during SARS. But this has the potential of being bad.

The virus itself is definitely deadlier than the common flu, a 2-3% mortality rate vs >.1%. And this is assuming the person receives medical attention. If the infected grows exponentially as these things can go, the healthcare system will be overwhelmed and that mortality rate will rise. This will be compounded by medical professionals also becoming infected very quickly as they’re getting more of the virus into their bodies much more quickly than the average person, a deadly concern.

Another concern is the virus has an incubation period of up to 2 weeks, so a person can infect others for 2 weeks before they even know they’re sick. The virus also seems to be able to live outside the human body for up to 5-6 days. Both of which makes it hard to contain.

Children are also for some reason not affected by the virus in terms of symptoms, sounds good…but it also results in them being perfect carriers of the virus without anyone ever knowing.

This isn’t more deadly than SARS but it has the potential to do a lot of harm. I worry people in the west are not taking this seriously and don’t know what to do. People in East Asia have been preparing for this since SARS and you see some countries like Taiwan doing an amazing job even though they’re right next to China compared to Europe.

Take care brothers. Wash your hands diligently and avoid going to too many places full of people as of now. Especially places like international airports.

3 Likes

I’ve been keeping up on all of this and agree that allot of folks are panicking, but for good reason. Yes I think they are over doing it. This won’t be around for a year so don’t take everything like it’s the apocalypse. You need a months or so supply at most.

This virus is slowly creeping it’s way to every state in the country and will continue to get closer and closer to our homes. Being vigilant and keeping that hygiene OCD-ish is the best route at this point.

As far as the Arnold is concerned, I think it’s definitely premature to cancel it, but hey, safety first right?

I got the avoiding people part down pact

4 Likes

I think its being blown out of proportion. Kinda sucks for every vendor and people who wanted to go. Nonetheless what can you really due.

3 Likes

Totally blown out of proportion. Just like SARS, H1N1, and WW 3 with Iran, total BS! I’m in public safety and we aren’t doing shot different. Wash your fucking hands and stay home if your sick. Very disappointed they canceled the expo. Was supposed to go with a Veterans group I work with. Supper bummed

3 Likes

Correct 2 % in some areas and as low as .4% in others. If people want to stay home more power to them, I won’t live my life in a state of paranoia.

2 Likes

The flu is a bigger concern.

4 Likes

I agree

Population control :v:

2 Likes

6 Likes

I believe this 1000%

1 Like

My reason isn’t population control. More of thought and government control. What happened to the protests in Hong Kong? Chinese government does not want to lose power… this virus like all the other before it will go into the books of MY MEME. And the world forgot about the fight for freedom.

1 Like

Some info on the death rates of CV right now. Interesting how on Hannity Trump said he believes the number reported by WHO is false info. Based on meetings hes had with officials. CNN of all places even stated that the information may be incorrect and experts are saying its much lower.

With this being such a big issue in Iran I wonder if Hadi will be allowed in the country for the Olympia.