Telmisartan @40mg ED for High Systolic BP

During my cruise of 40mg Test Prop, 20mg Mast Prop, and 20mg of NPP ED, I have added 40mg of Telmisartan ED in divided doses morning and night. I initially did 20mg ED at the behest of @Neuro for longevity and general health, but my systolic BP is pretty regularly 131-145. According to the latest guidelines, that either Stage 1 or Stage 2 Hypertension and increase my risk of a cardiac event or stroke by something like 25%. So I doubled my Telmisartan dosage and have added 20 minutes of mild cardio at the end of each workout (essentially, 20 minutes on the treadmill @ 4 mph and a 1.5% grade). It’s been about a month now since I doubled my dosage, but only a week since I added the end of workout cardio, and low and behold, BP hit 125/60 this morning! So in addition to its longevity and general health benefits, Telmisartan at a relatively small dosage is significantly improving my BP, and without any of the drawbacks of traditional high BP treatments, such as ED, which I would rather die than suffer. I’ll continue with the 40mg dosage and the 20 minutes of low intensity cardio and measure my BP. If it stays in the 120/60-70 range or drops, I’ll maintain. But if it pops back up or varies, I’ll titrate my Telmisartan dosage to 60mg ED. All just FYI.

8 Likes

All good news!!!

3 Likes

MILD?! Dude… THAT would be my cardiac event at about minute 3ish!

3 Likes

Awesome

3 Likes

Awesome, glad you are seeing similar results!

Question: why the split dose? Telmisartan has a halfway of 24 hours and I think they say the best time to take it is right before bed too.

4 Likes

Maybe try the full dose, 40 mg, at once before bed and Monitor from there! The half-life as pointed out completely negates the need for splitting!

But I’m glad it’s helping! I would even say going up to 80 mg would be acceptable if needed and side effects were non existent.

4 Likes

You and @Neuro raise a good question. My split dosage is a habit of how I started taking it and when I increased my dosage. I didn’t have 40 mg with me so I just took another dose that night, then again in the morning, and it’s been working, so I haven’t wanted to change anything! But I will experiment with 40mg right before bed and see if my systolic improves even further.

2 Likes

I do 40 mg every morning with liver and proviron meds

3 Likes

80 mg (with daily cardio) has me at 120/70 consistently from 130/140 area.

I’ve had zero sides as well.

My doc green lite Metformin so that’s the next to add.

5 Likes