Pre Cycle Bloods. Opinions please

47 years old. Haven’t been on a cycle in a year. Was about to go on and got these bloods. Anything I need to worry about?? I don’t like seeing anything HIGH

4 Likes

I understand fsh and lh in my head but not enough to explain/comment on it. I do know theres a lot of factors that effect it.

Your glucose on the other hand…I’m fairly educated on “that”… I see it’s fasted. That’s high. If that keeps trending up then you’re on the way to diabetes. I didn’t see your a1c. I will go back n look.

At your age, have you thought about just staying “on”?

3 Likes

Honestly it was very last minute. Was supposed to get tested on a Thursday. Woke up Wednesday and realized I had to go that day. Definitely worked out that morning (6 hours prior) and may have had a beer or two the night before. So I’m just wondering if this all contributed.

2 Likes

It’s been said that no alcohol for a period prior to labs. The same has been said for hard training the day before also.

Keep and eye on your sugar. This crap is no fun.

4 Likes

Had you recently pinned Hcg? My main concern would be the glucose

2 Likes

I didn’t but willing to bet I had preworkout about 5 hours earlier

2 Likes

Your FSH and LH are extremely high for a testosterone of 377.

That test level is plenty low to be on TRT.

What is your normal fasting glucose? If you don’t know. Get a glucometer. And start testing when you wake up. That’s an important metric for enhanced athletes.

3 Likes

I don’t know what it is. Maybe I’ll just retest in a week or so with a set date. This way I don’t blow the test with god only knows what all I did beforehand

1 Like

The elevated FSH / LH could be elevated for a few reasoned, mainly your pituitary is trying to get your body to produce more testosterone. That would be my best guess. As @Poppy and @Neuro Stated, keep an eye on that glucose level. If you went after training that could elevat it also. Just buy a meter and check yourself upon waking

3 Likes

Are you going to consider a trt model or are you just wanting to cycle? It seems the former would be worth considering with these numbers.

I would ask for A1c, SHBG and Free test calculation when you get tested again.

I also think that morning blood glucose levels should be collected.

Metformin SR should be considered with doctor as well as Telmisartan.

Edit: looking at your old labs it looks like you should definitely consider metformin. Your FSH and LH seem to decrease when on testosterone. Your estrogen runs too high at your 500MG cycle dose. You have some wild swings and should really consider a trt protocol without using an AI.

2 Likes

Yeah my first cycle was 500mg of test and it got a little wild. The second I backed it down to 300mg and things went a lot better. I was gonna keep it around the same again as not to have wild swings like you saw.

1 Like

So why not run something like 200-250mg full time instead of 300mg part time?

It would keep your markers balanced which, in turn, should make you feel better without the fluctuation.
Muscle growth, and body comp would all improve vastly with a low and slow approach.

2 Likes

Referencing @Aude_Aliquid_Dignu post above

Perfect!

Not that anyone gives a rats behind but that’s what I run…and I feel pretty darn good.

4 Likes

Parroting above

I also would ask for a1c. That’ll give you a good 2-3 month average on your blood sugar

3 Likes

Ok!

2 Likes

Yeah my first thought was that glucose is high

3 Likes

For anyone that doesn’t already know.

The blood glucose test as above in the labs is a snapshot of that one moment when blood is drawn.

If you’re 100% fasted and your level is ~100 then you’re at risk. Some labs differ on the what’s high or not, but they’re all in a tight group.

Your a1c will be another single digit number(with decimal points) that is arrived at by a formula. It will give you a good idea of your “walking around” glucose levels throughout the past 3 months. I’ve also read 2-3 months. Theres ranges for that also. They will vary slightly from lab to lab but like glucose levels, they’ll be close.

If your fasting glucose is well within range then my opinion is your a1c doesn’t have to be checked although it might be a good marker for future reference.

If your fasting glucose is on the high side and/or trending up and/or high… then checking your a1c would be essential.

4 Likes

Is there a glucometer, someone can recommend that keeps track of glucose levels over the course of weeks,months, years?

2 Likes

Write them down in a notebook. Then check Hemoglobin A1C. That’s a 3 month average of your glucose level.

2 Likes

I would say check A1C for baseline at least once.

The life cycle of the Red Blood Cell is: 120 days. Sugar rides the RBC’s, thus the three month average of your glucose.

1 Like