Planning for a disaster?

Curious…

How many of you guys consider yourself preppers?

Do you have an emergency stash of food,water and other supplies to last for an extended period of time?

I need to improve my longevity but I currently could get by for 30 days.

L

5 Likes

I stockpile medications like crazy. Good med kit to handle most things. Have enough food for 30 days of general things. Weapons stashed for protection and hunting. Same with fishing. Areas mapped out where to go if needed to get off grid. Areas mapped out where to go and take supplies. Solar panels and solar generators ready. Go bags set and whats needed for the family and a few trusted people nearby that will meet at same location.

What I dont have yet but will change soon is a starlink units for comms. Next month will get a couple more guns and crossbow for hunting.

Ideally next year I can setup a good vehicle that doesnt stand out here. Ive wanted to purchase an older vehicle and make my own setup in it.

11 Likes

I’m probably good for 30-60 days for my immediate household. With grown kids and their spouses… maybe 6 months combined. Of course when everything goes to crap and the mothership lands…i have a list “i need to take care of first”

9 Likes

I’m not a hardcore prepper,wife and kid are trained a few cases but mainly is unless it’s gets bad we are staying in the house,I’d rather defend then flee.so everyone in my house is trained in gun, wife mainly the 20ga,daughter can shoot 20 ga to,but id rather her not,she knows how to operate .32 Walther…and then it just hit me cops have all my guns,fuck me.

6 Likes

We have mres to,ones my daughter specifically picked out for everyone.i let her open one up,she was amazed,she said everything tasted fine,no they don’t

4 Likes

When I was married and my kids lived with me I used to carry a couple of months worth of canned fruits and veggies. Usually 6 to 10 5 gallon poland springs bottles. Maybe a month of frozen meat. Big thing of rice and beans. Still carry a small bug out bag of miscellaneous stuff in the car. The house and cars had decent med kits. Not store bought crap ones.

2 Likes

Sounds detailed :ok_hand: im sure your one of the ones here who is more close in terms of how easily it could get real. Me im in the outback.

Guns i got.

Figured if i had 2 id plan reverse ambush wash repeat

2 Likes

Good call on Starlink. How much are you willing to spend for the setup and monthly fee?

Some of my fellow brothers from my unit once gave me an MRE that was 10 years old.

It tasted great but soon after I got food poisoning. To make matters worse, we were crossing the Atlantic and the seas were rough. It was a funny joke to them but I couldn’t get out of the rack for a week unless I needed to go to the head. It was freaking brutal

1 Like

Just the $600 package for starlink roam. I don’t need the in-motion. The price increase tho for roam makes it more unusable imo. $130 for services is double the price now.

2 Likes

Precious metals…silver and gold are helpful if it really gets bad.

2 Likes

I agree on the in-motion. The monthly prices will only go up as more people figure this stuff out.

Most folks have no idea what Starlink is…yet.

2 Likes

I can see the $200 a month for global roaming access. But not regional only. If the price was same as before I would replace my home internet with starlink but not wanting to double my bill for it now while in recession everywhere.

2 Likes

Yeah we know you got guns ok SIG…

2 Likes

I recently acquired some gold n silver,not a lot,but something

1 Like

Cops still have most my guns,but I have ways and means to defend my turf.

3 Likes

Will they give your guns back eventually? I still remember your gramps lever action. That is a classic.

2 Likes

Haha tough times wont lie sold a few

1 Like

Want one of these in a shadow box in office

3 Likes

Yup,I had from him a 12ga Ithaca Pump,had a lot of use on it. The 30-30 was brand new he had it years and never shot it

2 Likes