Long time lurker hoping for second opinions on lab results

Hey everyone,
Like the title says I’ve been a long time lurker on the forum and always appreciated the info I’ve found. I’m 23m and former fat kid turned athlete and now injured office worker. In college at 20 or 21, years of sports, heavy lifting, and not resting like I should have caught up to me with a string of injuries that ended being active how I was.
Post injuries, surgeries, and PT I tried the general “first cycle” of test E 300mg + PCT for 10ish weeks. I had good results but have left it alone since.

Now at 23 my doctor wanted to get my blood work done, and asked to get my test checked as well. My test results look pretty low to me, but my doctor didn’t seem to be concerned.
I’ve already been thinking about another cycle but now I’m wondering if I should look into TRT, or if I’m overthinking the results.

Test: 147 ng/dL
Free Test: 5.8 pg/mL

5 Likes

Welcome to UGM.

Well, you need to go to a different doctor. :joy::joy: 23 years old, test of 147… that’s real real bad.

Things to consider:

Cost
Is your life consistent enough for trt?
Do you want kids?
If you live to 80, and pin the bare minimum of twice a week you are looking at close to 6000 injections. You ready for that?

Personally I would talk to an endocrinologist about trying to restore your test levels and get your own function back to normal.

10 Likes

Welcome and what is diet and everything liek cause that’s low as fuck.

1 Like

Not sure what you mean by consistent, but I work in and office and make alright money about as boring as possible.

Want kids if thats not already an issue (never had that test but I was never very safe)

I don’t exactly like needles, but thats a small con if it improves my life.

Would an endocrinologist be the person to talk to about this? From my understanding 300 is normal so Im not sure how much life would change getting to normal levels.

2 Likes

I haven’t been keeping up with my diet too closely but I have been working on weight loss (wanted to drop some weight before seriously considering a cycle). Mostly chicken either plain or in something simple like a quesadilla, Boiled eggs, fruit, oil free popcorn. GF loves icecream and I end up eating like a bar a week, but in general not regularly having anything with extreme sugar or fat. I did try some oatmilk for the first time but I hope the fake milks aren’t that bad on hormones lol.

1 Like

You’re 23 buddy. Your levels should be 600minimum. Not to mention there’s lifelong health benefits to keeping your test on the upper limit as long as possible (1200-1400).

Consistent I mean, are you training regularly, will you be able to deliver your shots to yourself regularly and consistently. Or is your life chaotic and you travel all the time etc.

Endocrinologist would be the best way to go.

4 Likes

Do you need symptom resolution?

Agree with @Neuro you should get your natural system kick started with HcG, HmG, clomid, or similar via a Endo. You also need to rule out medical conditions that could be the cause that are outliers.

Diet, Training, and Sleep are all things that you can currently work on that will be needed no matter what the treatment ends up being.

Welcome.

5 Likes

Welcome

2 Likes

Welcome sir.

Ditto everything above.

At your age your T should be waaayyyy out there. You’re well below low.

Good insurance will cover endo visits. Copay might be a bit higher but it’ll be worth it.

2 Likes

Me too and I’m the fella my #1 son @Neuro speaks of.

I’m an advanced age enhanced lifter and I’ve been way over pinning for about 2 years now BUT I have a lot of living to do so as much as I dislike sticking sharp objects in my body… I still do it…can’t stand it!!!

4 Likes

Little update

I went to my Dr for an endocrinologist referral and tomorrow my dr wants to do a once a month test C 200mg injection, rerun labs after a month, and go from there. Is this the norm?

Dr hasn’t been too interested in answering specifics and left me to his nurse for questions. Nurse would only say that this will be trial and error at first and let me know that I didn’t need a referral, and that they could treat this.

Is this a normal response from a Dr? I’ve been going to the guy for years and never had issues.

1 Like

I would kindly tell my dr to fuck off with that noise

5 Likes

Change docs. Absolutely not. Test C levels drop heavily after 3 days. Once a month will have you feeling good for a week maybe? Then like shit bc you’ve shut down your natural production.

8 Likes

@Dirtnasty ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY

5 Likes

More eloquent than me

3 Likes

Average HRT for males is 75-250mg A WEEK. not a month.

1 Like

Wow. Your doc may have very possibly said the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard as it relates to mens trt.

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: I mean, GODDAMN. @mrtestresults stay very far away from this docs management of your hormones.

1 Like

That doc just moved over to liver king territory

2 Likes

I have a buddy that recommended me to the doc that does his blood work. This doc is a soild 45min away but specializes in low T and as a bonus is a former body builder that has placed in shows. Thanks all, I’d definitely rather be safe and go to a doc thats well versed on the topic.

4 Likes