Air frying meats, steaks

Got an air fryer not too long ago. Honestly the chicken was good but not great. So didn’t try much else with it. Today I decided to try a cheap steak and see how it came out. I didn’t prep anything. Just opened the pack, salt and pepper both sides and threw it in. Usually I need to prep this one to make it softer and better to grill.

I’m really fucking impressed. The photo doesn’t really show how tender even the fat part came out. My dog loved that.

This is just going to make my dieting so much easier when home to throw steak in for 8 minutes and done. Anyone else using one for cuts?

8 Likes

I’ve done steaks then seared when cooked to where I want pretty good. Wings are great in them

4 Likes

I need to try wings. I heard searing first then throwing in helps but I wanted to see the attachment for steaks says you didn’t need to sear. It still held its juices in and came out good.

3 Likes

I don’t have steak attachment haha yours does lion better than what comes out of mine

1 Like

One cool thing about the air fryer is you can throw a frozen piece of meat in it and it cooks it up real well.

4 Likes

I gotta try that too. I was about to see how to cook meatballs in it to keep as snacks if i get too hungry like today. Had to do a lot more unexpected activity today and just starving and exhausted.

4 Likes

I want to try it that way,and love some fat on a steak,eat it off any the time the rest of the steak is done,on the grill anyways.

5 Likes

Pork chops and venison are real good in them. Never tried beef.

4 Likes

I love my air fryer I cook all my meats in it now, boring chicken breasts are now a game changer for me

3 Likes

I’ve done wings and liked it. Never tried a steak. Will have to give it a go

2 Likes

I have to get one soon. I wonder has anyone tried eye of round or chicken with like “shake and bake” coating.

2 Likes

I have some round but cut into chunks I’m going to try tomorrow. It’s the cheapest here so going to see if worth it.

1 Like

Cheaper and lean… I always had london broil ground too.

2 Likes

Wife cooks it in an insta-pot…shreds it and mixes in some baby rays bbq sauce. Delicious

1 Like

So eating the round now. Got overcooked on the small pieces and not bad on the larger ones. Surprisingly it is tender inside with no pre treatment. I just opened pack, heavily seasoned with pepper cause in mood and salt and mixed around then threw in fryer. Inside the large pieces are medium and while the small are well done. But good enough I’ll be cooking this regularly now and great to throw in pack and snack on.

Preheat on 200 for 2 mins. Cook for 5 mins. Mix and cook for 2 should do it. Maybe 1 after the mix. I think next time I’ll pull out the small pieces after 5 and large cook for 1.

2 Likes

I need to get me an air fryier :drooling_face:

1 Like

I’ve only air fried fish and potatoes

1 Like

Is that a crock pot?

1 Like

That looks good! Liitle bbq sauce or whatever and real mashed potatoes. I mixx everything!!!

1 Like

Pressure cooker… that’s extremely user friendly.

1 Like